Hinsdale Caucus committee again slates Cauley for village president
Updated: January 21, 2013 1:55AM
HINSDALE — The Hinsdale Village Caucus, founded in 1934, will break with a tradition that the same person is not nominated again for village president.
Normally the caucus does not endorse the same person for more than two terms as a village trustee, and endorses a person only once for a four-year term as village president, said chairman Amy Louis. But this year Thomas Cauley has been nominated for a second term as village president.
“We very carefully read the bylaws for nominating and they said we were to nominate the best qualified candidate for office,” said Village Board Nominating Committee Chair Lisa Laidlaw. “There was no question in our mind, that Tom Cauley was that individual.”
The caucus Executive Committee and the caucus at large must still approve the choice at a Nov. 28 meeting.
Cauley, who is a lawyer and a CPA, has lived in Hinsdale for 24 years. He is a lawyer and specializes in securities and financial litigation.
Three trustee seats on the Village Board also will be up for election April 9. The nominating committee endorses trustees Laura LaPlaca and Robert Saigh for re-election.
LaPlaca was a corporate lawyer with Jenner & Block of 10 years, before leaving the firm to raise her five children. A 24-year resident of Hinsdale, LaPlaca served on the village plan commission from 1997 to 2008.
Saigh, who has lived in Hinsdale almost 20 years, served on the Zoning Board of Appeals and Historic Preservation Committee, before being elected to the Village Board. His career is in communications, having worked as a journalist and in public relations.
The committee also nominated Gerald Hughes for village trustee. Hughes, who has a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Chicago, is managing director of the consulting firm Blue Ridge Partners. He has lived in Hinsdale 11 years and served on the finance commission for the past three years.
The following five residents were nominated to fill seats on the Hinsdale Library Board:
• Ross Sprovieri, a 37-year resident who is executive vice president of Flavorchem Corp.
• John Maguire, an investment adviser and managing partner of Maguire Asset Management.
• Kathleen Wilson, an 11-year resident who runs a consulting firm for health-care convention exhibitors.
• Callie Revord, who worked for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for eight years before moving to Tokyo where her husband started a trading company in 2002. The Revords have been back in Hinsdale since 2004.
• Naveed Bandukwala, who has lived in Hinsdale for five years and works as vice president of corporate development for Westell Technologies.
The caucus delegates will vote on the nominees at the caucus meeting at 7 p.m. Nov. 28 on the second floor of Memorial Hall in Hinsdale.